Janale (Shahaada) – Lower Shebelle Islamic province of Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen convened a meeting between the Habargidir and Biyamaal tribes in Janale city in Lower Shebelle province in southern Somalia, to resolve years-long disputes in which dozens of people fell victim.
The meeting took place over two days, with the participation of dignitaries from the two tribes who came from all areas, and officials for Lower Shebelle province led by the wali, Sheikh Muhammad Abu Abdullah.
Both parties agreed on a truce that will last for three months, and that another meeting will be convened to resolve the outstanding issues such as blood and assets. They agreed on the following terms:
1. To resolve all disputes and issues will be resolved in accordance with the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (PBUH).
2. To remove all barriers placed on the road between the cities of Afgooye and Barawe.
3. To distinguish between tribal militiamen and apostate government militiamen.
4. To prohibit the outward bearing of weapons by tribal militiamen in the villages and areas in which they live.
5. To stand together, everyone, against the tribe that seeks to break the reconciliation.
The dignitaries from the two tribes signed the terms in the presence of the officials for the Islamic province. The wali, Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah, explained that the Mujahideen are prepared to confront any tribe that seeks to break this truce and reconciliation.
It is worth pointing out that the disputes between the Habargidir and Biyamaal tribes claimed many victims from both sides, who were killed in the most horrible of ways, with some of their bodies burned. It happened two weeks ago on the outskirts of the occupied Shalan Bood city, where a woman and six children were killed and their bodies burned. Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen was able three years ago to resolve these disputes, but the invasion of the African forces and the government militiaman and their occupation of some cities and areas of the province brought the two tribes to fight again, which forced officials for the Islamic province to intervene to extinguish the fitna once again.
Source: GIMF Telegram